Effective as of May 25, 2018
Welcome to PartyWith, a service provided by Party with a Local B.V. (hereinafter referred to as: “PartyWith” or the “PartyWith Platform”), and our parent company Party with a Local, Inc.
Our Privacy Principles
Information We Collect
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Partywith Platform and its features within three main categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect automatically
- Information we obtain from third parties
Information You Provide To Us
We ask for and collect personal information that you provide directly to us when you use the PartyWith Platform. This information is necessary for the performance of the PartyWith Platform and allows us to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account on PartyWith, choose preferences, or communicate with us.
We process this information in the interests of improving the PartyWith Platform and giving Users the best experience. Without it, we may not be able to provide all the features of the PartyWith Platform.
You need to register for a PartyWith account in order to use our Platform and by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Extra Profile Information - you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on PartyWith – for example:
- A biography to describe yourself, and what you’re looking for on the app
- Extra photos and images for your profile
- Information with respect to your nightlife preferences (‘Set what you’re up for’)
- Any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as links to your website and other social media profiles, can also be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the PartyWith Platform. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself on your profile in the app
- Communications - when you communicate with PartyWith by email or through the PartyWith Platform, or use PartyWith communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- If you purchase an in-app Subscription (e.g. Globetrotter on iOS), you will also need to provide your name, billing address, and payment verification information to Apple iTunes.
- Survey Information - If you participate in any survey we send out, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response
Information We Collect Automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the PartyWith Platform, this information includes:
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device, browser type, language and time zone. Apple’s iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Google’s Android Advertising ID are examples of device identifiers. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity consistently across all of devices you use the PartyWith Platform with.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform including, access times, and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes), and the websites you’ve viewed or engaged with before or during using the PartyWith Platform.
- Usage Information - We collect information about your interactions with the PartyWith Platform, including the screens that you visit and buttons you click on, posting a comment on an event wall, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Partywith Platform, and whether you interact with other users or the email messages we sent.
- Software Development Kits – We may use third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Platform. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with content of the PartyWith and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
Information We Collect Automatically - Location Data
When you use certain features of the Platform, we collect data about your general location. We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as being able to find people and events near you).
To do this we use the GPS coordinates on your mobile device. We use your GPS coordinates to determine your approximate current location. Other Users will never see your exact location.
When you install the PartyWith app, you grant us permission to use your GPS coordinates. You may revoke this permission by adjusting your mobile device settings - most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings.
Your GPS coordinates are safe with us. The app sends your GPS coordinates to the server at regular intervals and each time it overwrites the previous GPS coordinates. The precise GPS location is securely stored in our database and is not accessible to anyone. We don’t keep a record of all of your coordinates and never share your GPS location with anyone.
Information From Third Parties
- Facebook Sign-up and Log in – When you use the PartyWith Platform, as well as Email Address you can also do so via Facebook. PartyWith uses the Facebook platform to register new accounts and to enable existing Users to log on to the PartyWith app.
- If you sign up for PartyWith through Facebook, a third party application, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials, and other information available through the third party application account, including the following information:
- If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with PartyWith. This includes your Facebook user ID, first name, last name, email address (optional), gender, birthday and profile picture, current city, hometown and your number of friends on Facebook
- If you use the events feature, we also request permission of you Facebook Events (any Facebook events that you are ‘Going’ or ‘Interested’ in).
How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Information:
- To operate and maintain your PartyWith account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address (or Facebook account) and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your PartyWith account.
We also use your Personal Information:
- To enable Users to see other users nearby, to view their profiles and to recommend nearby events.
- Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
- To inform you if you have common nightlife-related interests in common with other users.
- To send, among other things, email notifications, push notifications and administrative messages.
- To measure interest in our services (statistics), and to make our website and the PartyWith app more user-friendly.
- To improve the design of the PartyWith Platform and website, enabling PartyWith to optimize its services.
- To inform you, if you have provided us with your contact details, of interesting offers regarding PartyWith, our services, and for other direct marketing purposes.
- To respond to legal requests, such as court orders, and to prevent harm.
- To identify you as the account user, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the PartyWith Platform.
- We sometimes conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your age to enable age restrictions.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience and to maintain a safe and secure environment by:
- Detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
- Verifying and authenticating your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhancing the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conducting security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
We may use your data for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data.
Information You Share And Information That Is Private
We will not publish all the information you give us. We will use your name, age, photo, current city/hometown, and number of friends on Facebook, to set up your profile. We will never share your precise GPS location, email address, Facebook ID and last login time with other users. As noted yu may, if you wish, place more information on the PartyWith app itself. It is important for you to know that we have no control over the information you share in conversations with other Users, and you, as User must take great care when providing others with your contact details or other privacy-sensitive information. PartyWith can never be held liable or responsible for the information you share with others.
Sharing of Your Information
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the PartyWith Platform may be shared by you or by us.
- Through Your Profile – Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information and send you messages.
- Third Party Applications – If you choose to connect your PartyWith account to Facebook you may be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. PartyWith is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust.
- Protecting our Rights – We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the PartyWith Platform and/or community.
PartyWith maintains technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information that we collect or store.
Steps we take to protect your information - personal data that you provide via the PartyWith Platform to create a profile, or submit or respond to a request, will be carefully processed and secured.
PartyWith ensures that appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to prevent: the loss of your personal data, unauthorized access to your personal data, and to combat any unlawful processing of your personal data. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the PartyWith Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
PartyWith is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 18 cannot use the PartyWith Platform.
Your Choices and Controls
We do our best to give Users choice regarding the information they provide to us, and the controls over that information.
- Managing PartyWith Settings. If you register an account, you may manage the content and information you share when you use PartyWith through your account Settings in the Platform, including for the features explained below. You are solely responsible for keeping your Settings up-to-date.
- In-App Notifications: You can adjust your Settings in the Notification tab to disable email and desktop notifications (other than important service updates and essential notifications about the Platform or your account).
- Emails: All emails and newsletters we send allow you to unsubscribe at any time.
- We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deleting Your Account – If you have an account and would like to delete it, you may do so by adjusting you Settings in the Account tab. If you delete your account, all data associated with your account (except for backup copies), will be deleted and may not be recoverable.
- To opt-out of location tracking when using our Apps, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Data Access and Portability
- You may be entitled to request copies of your personal information held by us. While a lot of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed in your account Settings, you may also be entitled to request copies of personal information you have provided to us in machine-readable format.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- You may object to processing your personal information in some circumstances If you object to such processing PartyWith will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or obligations.
- Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, under certain circumstances, ask PartyWith to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
- Data Retention and Deletion
- We generally retain data for as long as your account is in existence or as needed to provide the Platform. However, specific retention times can vary based on context of the processing we perform and on our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask us to delete all or some of the personal data we hold about you. If you have an account, you can also delete your account through the Settings at any time as described below.
- We may need to retain some of your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. to prevent fraud and abuse and maintain and enhance security).
- Objection to Processing
- Restriction of Processing
- Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Withdrawing Consent
- Where you provide consent to the processing of your personal information by PartyWith, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account Settings or by sending a communication to PartyWith specifying the specific consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
PartyWith retains the right to ask for your identification before taking your request into consideration. You may also object to your data being used for direct marketing purposes at any time. To do this, please use the link in the direct mailings to opt-out of direct mailing campaigns.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by PartyWith before a competent data protection authority.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
PartyWith is owned, hosted and maintained by Party with a Local B.V., which company is established at Vespuccistraat 106-HS, 1056 SR, Amsterdam, and registered at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce under number 63141965.
Changes or additions will be published on the website and the PartyWith app, and take effect immediately after publication.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com
25th May 2018
The privacy statement was last revised on 23rd May 2018.